Employee Referral Bonus Examples: 10 Rewards That Drive Quality Referrals
Often you don’t need to offer a reward for employee referrals.
Studies have shown that people recommend for emotional and altruistic reasons, such as helping a friend or making their organisation a better place to work.
Also, incentives can be counterproductive as they may encourage unsuitable referrals for the sake of money.
List of the best employee referral reward ideas:
- Monetary Incentives. Strike a balance between motivating employees and avoiding excessive rewards.
- Exclusive Event Tickets. Provide opportunities for employees to attend sought-after events, such as front-row seats at a game, VIP access to a sold-out concert, or movie tickets for a premiere. Tailor the rewards to their interests.
- Culinary Delights. Recognise the power of dining experiences by offering reservations at popular restaurants or providing discounted/complimentary meals.
- Additional Time Off. Offer extra days off as a way to reward and motivate employees for their efforts, whilst giving them some rest and relaxation.
- Travel Experiences. Encourage employees who love to travel by travel vouchers so they can enjoy a trip with their family or friends.
- Relaxation and Wellness. Provide spa vouchers or access to a gym or personal workout sessions.
- Adventurous Pursuits. Appeal to adrenaline enthusiasts by offering thrilling experiences like paragliding, hot air balloon rides, adventure park visits, or water park passes.
- Charitable Contributions. Make donations on their behalf, demonstrating appreciation for their values, and also removing any perceived bribery.
- Social Recognition. Celebrate referrals by providing tangible recognition, such as branded T-shirts, thank-you signs, company newsletter features etc.
- Department Competitions. Foster a sense of healthy competition by organising contests among departments, with rewards for the winning team. The specific rewards could be tailored based on the department's preferences or goals.